Today at a track meet I was going over a hurdle

Patient : Today at a track meet I was going over a hurdle which I hit and the wind was very strong so I fell into the other lane and I guess I twisted my knee or something. I then heard a crack/pop sound on the outside of my knee and now I can't straighten it all the way. It's a little bit swollen but not bad.
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Your knee needs to be observ ed over the next 24 hours. If the restriction of movement persists, I will advise you get an x-ray to rule out any fracture. As of now, you can apply Diclofenac gel over the swollen area, and if that is unable to reduce the pain, you can take Advil SOS if required. Hope this was helpful, Regards.