Today I experienced temporary wavy vision in my right eye.

Patient

Q: Today I experienced temporary wavy vision in my right eye followed by a strong metal taste and a headache. The vision loss lasted about an hour that's when my headache began. I've been getting migraines since I was 10 years old I'm 36 now and have never had vision loss starting as wavy lines or the strange metal taste. Should I worry or is this typical of an ocular migraine?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.

What you are experiencing is known as Migraine with Aura. An aura is symptoms that come along with migraine. These can be symptoms like dizziness, hallucinations and changes in taste.

Migraine occurs due to a trigger factor. The trigger factor causes the headache. In future, you should try to identify the trigger factor and avoid it.

For this migraine, use tablet Paracetamol to counter it. If the migraine keeps recurring, please consult a Neurologist for more advanced therapy. I hope that you have a quick recovery.