Today I put tea tree oil inside a band aid

Patient

Q: Today I put tea tree oil inside a band aid and then placed it over a bump that was on my face. When I took it off there was a black box on my face from the band aid and it burns , I've tried icing it and it's not going away . What should I do?

Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.
I have read your query.

As per details, the most likely possibility for your symptoms is a condition of skin called Allergic contact dermatitis.
It is characterised by red colored itchy rash on the site of contact of offending agent which can be any chemical, cosmetic, Medication, dust etc.
It is most likely tea tree oil in your case.
In such cases, I prefer to advise topical steroid like mometasone to apply on the affected area to my patients.
Antihistaminics like levocetirizine also help.
You should avoid using tea tree oil in future.
Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay healthy