Today I went to the doctor and he said that i have iron deficiency

Q: Today I went to the doctor and he said that I have iron deficiency. Is there any way this can cause a missed period? My boyfriend and I are sexually active and don't use protection. i have irregular periods. They are always at the end of the month just never the same day. Last month it was the 25, the month before that it was on the 23 I believe. I thought I was bleeding yesterday but it was very light and only lasted a few hours. The doctor said I wasn't pregnant but I heard that if you experience implantation bleeding to wait a few days to take a test. I still haven't had my period yet but I have sore and swollen breasts, they have been like that for about 1 week and a half and I'm also having slight cramps every now and then but still no period. When I do have my period its always heavy. I'm confused on what's going on. Please help.

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood your history of anemia, irregular periods, unprotected sex, likely hood of pregnancy with a small amount of bleeding, sore breasts and cramps.
Sure, just wait for few days, get a urine pregnancy test son the early morning sample to be repeated after 5 days and confirm whether you are pregnant or not.
If you are not pregnant, watch for further, start proper treatment for anemia which may cause problems with the menstruation in an indirect way.
If the pregnancy is positive follow the advice of your Gynecologist.

I hope this answer helps you.