Today my mother realize that she had a vein pop

Patient : Today my mother realize that she had a vein pop just above the knee on the right side outside of her leg its cause bruising and excessive pain. does is deemed necessary to go to the ER? everything that I've read so far says to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't go away in a couple days then go see a doctor. This is correct?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. It seems that you have an injury due to the vein. This causes release of histamine which causes swelling, redness and pain. The swelling and pain may be causing your symptoms. You can try the following: Rest the leg and avoid putting strain on it Ice the area for 15 mins at a time every hour Compression of the area by using a crepe bandage to reduce the swelling Elevate the swelling by putting the leg on top of the pillow Use tablet Paracetamol to reduce the swelling This should help you. If you are not better after a week, please see a Doctor. All the best.