Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Today was my first saying trying Ritalin to see if

Today was my first saying trying Ritalin to see if

Patient: Today was my first saying trying Ritalin to see if it helped me gain more focus on my assignment. What I wanted to know is, since I’m trying to be an Air Traffic Controller, if I only used the drug once and I don’t use it again, will it show up in my system over time when I’m ready to do the medical exam for the FAA?

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.The maximum time for Ritalin to get tested is 90 hours. This is by testing it in urine. If you had only had it once, you should not test positive for Ritalin.I recommend that you take a break of 90 hours to help you. Hope this helps you. All the best.