Toddler with Cerebral Palsy needs help.

Q: My partner's daughter has Cerebral Palsy from birth due to pre ecampsia and brain damage. She had mobiloity problems, on the left side and some visual problems from birth which have been developed and which have progressed.
As part of caring for his daughter, my partner wants to move to a house, which for financial reasons will be council. We will be paying rent however.
We have given in a letter from the child's gp to express that a house and garden would be beneficial to the childs continued development. We have also got a letter from Scope to state the same as well as to state the area needs to be secure and private.
These have been dismissed as the council state they need a medical need for us to be considered for houses.
Can you advise on a medical need, apart from the obvious ones I have pointed out to the council, in order for us to progress this application? We dare not ask the child's GP again as the first letter she wrote was not accepted and she was annoyed about this. To have to say her 2nd letter was disregarded would be too much!
Kind regards.