Toe nail off toe bed dr put me on Bactrim

Patient

Q: Toe nail off toe bed dr put me on Bactrim yesterday toe is hurting and has been since I hurt it (I was picking at nail and whole thing came off)today I squeezed it and got puss or something liquid out of it then it started bleeding but not for long. he said I could swim in 3 days but I think my swimming for this summer is over am I right why am I getting this liquid and blood out of my toe

Symptoms:  Toe is hurting and has been since I hurt it (I was picking at nail and whole thing came off)today I squeezed it and got puss or something liquid out of it then it started bleeding but not for long
Doctor