Tongue polyps, intermittent sore throat, swollen gums, losing ability to taste...

Patient

Q: Several months ago, I developed the feeling of maybe a polyp on the back of my tongue. It increased in size with drinking liquids or eating foods. About a month and a half ago, my gums began to swell and I developed ulcers and polyps on my tongue. The urgent care doctor called it hand, mouth, and foot. But my baby developed a red mouth and fever and the ped would only call it "viral." My baby's symptoms has gone away but mine is still ongoing. Symptoms are intermittent sore throat with the feeling of a piece of food stuck in it, ulcers are gone but polyps still remain, gums are still swollen, inside of lips are shriveled, and now the corners of my mouth are cracking. Dentist thought it was maybe viral, bacterial, or fungal and prescribed penicillin, Nyacin, and Acyclovir. My mouth feels better but I started taking the meds last Friday. (It's now Wednesday.) Now my ability to taste is leaving and most foods hurt my tongue. I had cryptic tonils at the age of 27 and had them removed. Does this sound like an anti-biotic resistant strain of bacteria? I can only guess. This is getting more than worrisome...

Doctor