Tonsilities and strep throat

Patient

Q: I get strup threat 3 times a month for the pas year. I think I have tonsilites

Symptoms:  Sore throat, coughting, and smeezing
Tonsilities and strep throat-1 Tonsilities and strep throat-2 Tonsilities and strep throat-3
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Repeated streptococcal infections can indeed cause tonsillitis. This needs to be further evaluated by your doctor to determine if you need to consult an ear, nose and throat specialist to consider a tonsillectomy in order to have your decrease the occurrence of these streptococcal infections.

Your throat does appear to be red and inflamed which could possibly be due to a streptococcal infection. Please have your doctor promptly examine this to start you with treatment as soon as possible.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com