Tonsillitis - when to see doctor

Q: I went to the doctor on Monday and was told I had viral tonsillitis and that the only real cure was rest, look after yourself, wait for it to go away etc. She said it could become bacterial tonsillitis though. It seemed to be getting better on the Tuesday but since Wednesday it's been getting much worse. I can now hardly eat or talk. Tomorrow is Friday and the last chance I'll get to see a doctor until Monday. I'm already falling far behind with university work. Is it too early to go back to see a nurse/doctor? Thanks.

Symptoms:  Symptoms: sore, swollen tonsils; swollen glands; white bits on tonsils; sore to swallow, to the extent that it's getting really difficult to eat/talk in full sentences.