Too many scans in first trimester

Patient

Q: Hello doctor.. Am pregnant and in my end of first trimester.. I have taken 8 scans up till now.. Will if affect my baby... Kindly let me know.. Thank you

Doctor

A:   There is no known harm due to ultrasound scans to the growing baby in your womb. Ultrasound is basically sound waves at a frequency we cannot hear. It is completely safe for the baby. Don't worry about the number of scans. Just follow your doctor's advice and get the scans done as and when advised.

Patient: Thanks a lot for your answer it has put my mind at ease..