Took my pill, had sex, then missed the pill for two days after.

Q: I've been on Alysena 28 for a little over a year. One week three (April 13) I have sex with no condom. He pulled out though, and I did take my birth control that day. The following Monday and Tuesday though, I forgot. So Wednesday I took three (yes, I know that's bad). I am supposed to be getting my period but I haven't yet. I am not worried because my period usually doesn't start until two or three days after the sugar pills start.

What is the risk of pregnancy? High or low?

Symptoms:  No symptoms of pregnancy. I am stressed though.

A:   Thank you for your query.
Incorrect use of birth control pills is a major reason for unintended pregnancies. The chances of getting pregnant depend mostly upon when the pill or pills were missed during the cycle, and the number of pills missed in a row. If you have unprotected sex around the same time of missing the pills then the chances of ovulating and conception are high. If at any time you miss the pills it is always advisable to abstain from unprotected sex or opt for an emergency contraception methods (plan B), if the pills are missed just after the unprotected sexual intercourse. If you don’t get your period even after 7 to 10 days past the expected date of menstrual cycle opt for a home pregnancy test to see if you are pregnant. It is advisable that birth control pills are taken regularly and as per schedule at around the same time daily to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. Prevention of pregnancy is always better than opting for an abortion.
Hope that answers your query.
Have a good day.