Took Plan B, Not sure if i have my period, should i continue the pill.

Patient : This month I have taken every pill on time, i had unprotected sex about 4 days before my period was suppose to start(I had taken the last hormone pill that day.) The Next day about 10 hours after sex i took Plan B. 3 days ago I should have started my period but didn't and today i started light dark spotting and am not sure what the spotting represents whether it's my period or not. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative but not have my regular period makes me nervous. Should I continue taking birth control or will it halt my period till next month.