Ask The Doctor > Pending > Took wrong injection during the ivf treatment

Took wrong injection during the ivf treatment

Patient: Hi. I am a 30 year old female. I am taking second round of IVF (Invitro fertilization).First one was a failure. Yesterday was the first day of my cycle and i was suppose to start the injections Menogon 225 IE and Orgalutran 0.25 mg for stimulating the follicles. I took Menogon as was suppose to BUT i took Elonva 150 micrograms instead of orgalutral by mistake. Elonva 150 micrograms is a single injection that was suppose to be taken around the sixth day of the cycle for not letting the follicles mature before time. I went to the doc but he was not available over the weekend. I am too worried now as to continue with this round of IVF or leave it immediately. If I continue to take Menogon and Ortalutral from today so will the Elonva injection i took by mistake effect my IVF treatment. If it will not work, I really want to quit the treatment this round as these injections are super expensive and i will save them for the next round of IVF. I am extremely worried. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Doctor: