x
Browse
200 Physicians Online

Question:

Tooth ache while laying down

I have 4 teethe that have root exposure and need to be pulled. It only hurts when i lay down at night when i go to bed. doesnt hurt whil i am standing up. Why is this and what can i do to help ease the pain? thanks

Answer:

During the initial phase, the nerve roots and blood vessels of the tooth are exposed causing pain on exposure to hot or cold. As the decay of the teeth progresses the pulp of the tooth is involved and causes severe, throbbing pain and can be aggravated on lying down. The only way to permanently relieve the pain is by  tooth extraction or root canal treatment.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA