August 15, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Torn frenulum and now penis feels numb

Torn frenulum and now penis feels numb

Patient: Hi doctor, I recently tore my frenulum during oral. When it tore there was pain but no blood. It’s been 4-5 days and the pain has been on and off. Lately the pain has gone away but my tip feels a little bit numb, sort of like suffocating. Additionally my balls are swollen. I’m am very worried and am too embarrassed to see a doctor is there anything I can do? Please get back to me, thanks a lot!

Symptoms: Torn frenulum numb penis swollen testicals

Doctor: Thank you for your question. This is a highly sensitive area of the penis and injury to this area can actually cause da mage to the frenular artery which can cause excessive bleeding. It is possible that you are experiencing an infection to this area or there may be some internal bleeding resulting in the swelling of the scrotum. Your symptoms are severe enough for us to advise you to see your doctor as soon as you can. Although you are embarrassed, it is imperative that you seek treatment as soon as you can to prevent serious complications with infection or bleeding.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com