Torn Frenulum, Do I need to see a doctor?

Patient : I tore my Frenulum yesterday evening whilst having sexual intercourse with my girlfriend. There was a sharp pain and alot of blood. I wanted to know how to heal the Frenulum, having read various articles it seems seeking medical assistance is not a necessity but what can I do to ensure a swift recovery? And how long does a torn Frenulum usually take to heal?
Doctor :   The only thing that you will need to do to aid recovery is monitor the wound for signs of infection. Should you note any such signs including swelling, increased warmth, pus discharge you should seek medical attention immediately. It will take approximately 2-3 weeks for your frenulum to heal so that you may return to sexual intercourse. You should also be aware of the possibility of significant scarring when the wound has healed. Scarring can lead to disfigurement or problems with urinating. The likelihood of scarring increases with the severity of the injury.