Torn gastrocnemius but no treatment?

Q: I injured my calf 2 weeks ago. 2 days prior to the injury I was running after my toddler, felt a sharp pain and a pop in my right calf. It was sore, but after a few minutes I could walk on it and it felt tight like a pulled muscle. I sprinted after him again 2 days letter in wet, unsupportive shoes. Felt and heard a big 'pop' and searing pain. I couldn't walk on the leg at all, and it swelled hugely. I visited a minor injuries unit, they diagnosed a torn gastrocnemius muscle and gave me crutches but no follow up care. My Achilles tendon is undamaged.

2 weeks later the pain was not improving, it was worse and I couldn't get around at all. I still cannot put my heel to the floor or weight bear. I visited my emergency department again, and was told it is a calf strain, the degree of which is inconsequential as there is no treatment, and it "might involve some micro tears of the muscle".

The leg is still swollen, extremely tender. There is a visible deformity to the muscle - a depression with a bit sagging underneath it, and the muscle bulges above it. There is little tone to the muscle compared to the other leg, swelling and bruising pooling in my ankle and foot. I have constant visible "twitching" and jumping in the muscle and burning pains shooting down the inside of my leg.

I have acquired an air cast myself from an orthotist set to a comfortable position with extra heel wedges and I can now get around without constantly straining the muscle which is great. I have been referred for physio.

My concern is that I feel the injury is more severe than a micro tear, and that given my history, the obvious deformity of the muscle, the fact I can't use it at all and it isn't getting better after 2 weeks that it could be a full rupture or at least a severe second degree tear.

Will a full rupture require further treatment, and should I push for an ultrasound to assess the damage or is this truly inconsequential as the emergency doctor told me?

Instinctively I feel that I will be left with a leg that will not fully recover from this but feel I don't have anyone overseeing my care or actually interested in the severity of my injury.

Am I right to be concerned or will time alone heal this?

Symptoms:  swelling, bruising, pain, unable to lengthen muscle, unable to weight bear, noticeable deformity, unusual nerve activity