Torn meniscus in knee

Q: Three tears ago I started running, after the first day I got out of bed and could put my right foot on the ground."i was 260 punds" after a few days it was getting better but hurt when and after I ran. when to the dr and was told it was tendanitis and go see a physio. they told me they were sure it was a torn meniscus , fast forward 3 years and I am now 185 and run several times a week including some 2 hour plus mountain trail runs. it is still sore now and then but not that bad if I take a day or 2 off here and there . now here is the thing, I get a weird feeling in that knee now and then that feels like when you hit your funny bone but in my knee. never when running but when I take walk breaks or sometime at work for no apparent reason. so if it was a torn meniscus would I be able to run with zero pain like I do even some 3 hour races I have done? I have also never had swelling or change of colour .

Symptoms:  Sore on the inside of my knee the day after a hard run, almost feels like a brues . weirs feeling in the knee at times when walking but never running similar to hitting funny bone.

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that your knee injury is more consistent witb tendonitis rather than a torn meniscus. This would be much more severe in terms of pain and decreased range of motion. Please see your doctor to have your knee examined and have an MRI performed assessed to determine the severity of this injury.

Thank you for consulting