Torn rotators cuff?

Patient

Q: I am an 18 year old female. For two years now, I've had SEVERE shoulder pain in my left shoulder. Sleeping hurts, moving my arms outward or down by my side hurts, when picking things up; my arms feel really weak. When I pick up a text book in that arm, it feels as if my arm comes out. Like loose. I went to a chiropractor last year who told me that I had something out of place in my back. I went to another chiropractor and he just popped my back because we told him that the other chiropractor said it was my back. I'm not active (I've never played any sports). But since day one, I've always believed it's been my rotators cuff because I have the exact symptoms listed on this site.
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00064
I plan to go to a doctor this time. Is the doctor somebody to see for a torn rotators cuff? The pain is really effecting me. Some days are worse than others. I've dealt with it for two years and now I have a job as a cashier so I'm having to use that arm a lot more.

Symptoms:  Waking up through the night from shoulder pain, weak arm, pain when moving certain ways, popping sounds.
Doctor