Ask The Doctor > Pending > Torn Wrist Ligaments

Torn Wrist Ligaments

Patient: So a few months during a football game, I landed awkwardly on my left wrist. I was put in a cast for 4 weeks but when I was taken out of it, I was still in serious pain. I can not bend my wrist up or down without pain. I can not rotate my wrist sideways without feeling a sharp. I have zero strength or range of motion in my wrist. They said that I might have a ulnar ligament tear and a radial collateral ligament tear. Is there any therapy or solution to this problem without getting surgery?

Symptoms: No range of motion in wrist, no strength. Sharp pain when I rotate my wrist up and down. My wrist pops occasionally

Doctor: