Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Total hysterectomy

Total hysterectomy

Patient: Hello, 1) I had a total hysterectomy 2 months ago (no ovaries anymore). 2) Right after that I experience dizziness along with all the other symptoms of surgical menopause 3) Would hormone replacement help this?

Doctor: I understand your concern about this matter. Hormone replacement therapy are medications containing female hormones to r eplace the ones the body no longer makes after menopause  used to be a standard treatment for women with hot flashes and other menopause symptoms. Hormone therapy was also thought to have the long-term benefits of preventing heart disease and osteoporosis.I would suggest you first to have an evaluation to confirm your symptoms; your physician might then prescribe hormone replacement therapy.

Guest: I had a total hysterectomy about 4 years ago .today I went to the bathroom and when I wiped I found out I am spotting blood .what should I do