Toxic shock syndrome?

Q: I bleed for about the3 months really heavy after the birth of my second child, then i had the birth control insert put in my ard kept bleeding. The doc gave me pills to stop the bleeding but they did nothing. Eventually the bleeding kinda stopped, but I now get my period about every couple of weeks for a few days. However the blood is thick, .brown smelly , and yucky, it doesn't look right. I thought maybe I'd left a Hampton in there but I can't seem to feel or see anything in there, but when i insert a finger or two to look, i always get fresh blood on me......

Symptoms:  Yucky brown blood instead of a period

A:   You have complained of heavy bleeding following birth of your second child. You mentioned that you used intra uterine contraceptive device and oral contraceptive pills to control bleeding as advised by your doctor. You are suspecting of toxic shock syndrome. Toxic shock syndrome is an infection seen in women who use tampons and practice unhygienic methods. It usually presents with high fever with hypotension and usually an emergency condition. So, it can clearly ruled out for possible diagnosis in your condition. But since you are bleeding heavily suggesting polymennorhea. You must investigated in detail for which consult a gynecologist for further management. Act immediately as you mostly might land up in anemia, owing to heavy bleeding.