Trace mineral supplement for alzheimers?

Patient

Q: My mother is 56 years of age .she is suffering from alhzimers desease for last 2 years. is trace minerals supplemet of any help in case of alzimers? what are side affects of the same?

Doctor

A:   Alzheimer's disease is the most common cause of dementia in the elderly. The disease causes severe disability in a person's capacity to carry out day to day activities. I have not yet come across any study that shows the effectiveness of trace elements in the treatment of alzheimers.

Guest: Here is one article regarding trace minerals and the benefits to alzheimers. There are others.
http://www.prlog.org/11663437-trace-minerals-help-to-cure-alzheimer.html