Tracheostomy or Stoma button

Patient

Q: My mother suffers with Parkinson's disease and during a spell in hospital following a fall she developed breathing problems, due to temporarily paralsed vocal chords, and was given an emergency tracheostomy. She has since elected to keep the tracheostomy should the problem recur. Unfortunately the trach tube causes a lot of irritation to her trachea leading to excessive mucus production and congestion.
I have seen products called traceostomy or stoma buttons on the web, would these be suitable for her to help reduce the irritaton? She has a well formed stoma.

Doctor