Transmission of sexual infection

Patient

Q: How is an infection such as Chlamydia or Gonorrhea spread during sex without ejaculation? If the urethra is infected, is there a natural fluid present in the urethral meatus that will pass it on?

Symptoms:  Burning during urination, discharge, delayed urination, weak urine flow
Doctor

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com for an opinion

It is to be understood that chlamydia and gonorrhea infect the urethra of male or female either. In males as the urethra is long, it harbors the organism in good load if infected.
There are two ways as to how the infection from urethra can be transmitted during intercourse from the male partner to the female partner. Firstly, the milking of male shaft of penis during intercourse can cause deposition of the organisms into the vagina. Secondly, even if there has been no ejaculation inside the vagina, the pre-cum which is released before the ejaculate during the intercourse carry the organisms from the urethra out into the vagina thereby causing vaginal infection as well.
As far as the natural fluid part is concerned inside the urethra, it is never completely dry and there are mucosal glands lining the inner layer of the urethra which the internal milieu conducive for growth and harbor of both chlamydia and gonorrhea.
I hope I have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,

Patient: Thank you very much. So from what I understand, it is most commonly transmitted through ejaculation, pre-cum, or the deposition of the organism through milking of the shaft? Is there just as good of a chance from the natural fluid inside the urethra if the infection is harbored there?
Doctor: yes the chances are very much there if there has been urethritis already present , then the milking action can definitely cause or spread infection to the partner.
regards
Patient: So if there were no signs of urethritis yet at this point, do you think that the infection was not yet harbored at the tip in the urethral meatus? Sypmtoms of urethritis started about 3 days after having this sexual encounter (I received the infection about 4 days prior to this sexual encounter)
Patient: Also, is there any way for the discharge to be released without milking it? Strangely, it first appeared during the day on its own. I tested negative for both infections, but I am still quite confused.
Doctor: generally there is no discharge without any infection , it is possible that it may be a urine drop and not any infection.
regards
Patient: At first I thought it might be urine as well, but I was seeing discharge when I woke up in the mornig.
Doctor: i think you should observe for few days and repeat the early morning discharge culture in a week again . discuss with your physician.
regards