Traumatic Synovitis Knee

Q: Hello
My name is A.Pavan Kumar . I am 24 years old. Ten days ago, my right knee
got sprained when i was playing shuttle. I felt like my knee is moved to side.
I got some first aid on that day. That night my knee got swelled. So I
consulted the Orthopaedic doctor the next day. He observed the X-RAY, and told
that the intact of the bones are normal. Everything is fine and he told that
there is a fluid around the knee joint. It is the reason for the swelling and it
is restricting some movements of your leg. He suggested me to wear a knee cap and
take some anti inflammatory medicines and antibiotics. I used the tablets for 8 days.
The leg movement was improved a little but the swelling didnt. I contacted him again.
He told that it will take time for the fluid to drain and suggested me to do some
Quadriceps excercise. He named the disease as "Truamatic synovitis knee".

I am really worried about my knee. I am able to walk slowly. I am feeling pain
when i try to stretch my leg beyond limits. The swelling is not at all improving.
Can you please tell what is my problem ? Are the doctors words true? Will it take
time for the fluid to circulate?

Please suggest. I will be very thankful to you.