Travel Immunizations for Fiji

Patient

Q: I am planning a cruise to fiji and we will be stopping at fiji and its surrounding islands (vanuatu, suva ect.) I was wanting to know what immunisations will be required for me to go to adn from these places?

Doctor

A:   I would suggest you to consult your physician at least a month before you travel.  The usual vaccines that your primary health care provider applies form time to time are needed such as Influenza, chickenpox (or vermicelli), polio, measles/mumps/rubella (MMR), and diphtheria/pertusis/tetanus (DPT).
However, you might also need to have vaccination against Hepatitis A, Typhoid and hepatitis B. the first two conditions are transmitted by food and water, it is recommended  that even if you had the vaccine, drink bottled water only. I wish you the best.