Traveling after child birth

Patient

Q: How long after a vaginal delivery do I have to wait to travel with my baby to another state by car?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your query.
Though there is not exactly a definite period after which it is safe to travel post delivery. Probably if there were no or only few complications and if you are recuperating well, one or two weeks post vaginal delivery should be fine for you to travel. Recovery after childbirth takes time, & rest is best to overcome the stress after delivery. Take short breaks in the journey by car, stretch your legs & walk around a bit, drink fluids, stay hydrated, wear comfortable clothing. Carry your medical record along. It is often advisable to discuss your travel plans with your health care provider so that they can prescribe medication to be taken in case of an emergency and also explain you the signs & symptoms which may require a medical aid.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.