Travelling in SE Asia and taking Doxycyclin as an antimalarial

Patient : Travelling in SE Asia and taking Doxycyclin as an anti malarial. Been taking it for 3 months and supposed to be taking it for the next 4. Severe sunburn and blisters, clay coloured stools and today I ve noticed dark coloured blood. Should I stop taking them? What about the malaria risk? Thanks.
Doctor :   Hi Thank you for the question. Here are some side effects of Doxycycline: -abdominal or stomach tenderness -black , tarry stools -bloating -clay-colored stools -cough -dark urine -decreased appetite -diarrhea -diarrhea, watery and severe, which may also be bloody -difficulty with swallowing -dizziness -fast heartbeat -feeling of discomfort -fever -headache -hives or welts, itching, or rash -increased thirst -inflammation of the joints -blisters Stop taking the medication. The risk of malaria is much lesser than that of side effects of medications. The negative effect of medications can last a lifetime, but you will get cured of Malaria. Consult a local Doctor if possible and try to contact the prescribing Doctor as well. I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.