Trazodone and alcohol

Patient : Hi, I was prescribed Novo-Trazodone for depression and I was wondering what effects smoking and alcohol would have while taking it.
Doctor :   Trazodone is an antidepressant medication. It may also be used for relief of anxiety disorders and chronic pain. It is i mportant that you do not drink while on Trazadone. Trazodone can increase the effects of alcohol, which could be dangerous. Trazodone may impair your thinking or reactions and also cause mood swings, dizziness, agitation, confusion, headaches, chest pain, shallow breathing and seizures.