Treating with same ssri?

Patient

Q: Is it advised to treat multiple patients from the same family with the same ssri? If it works for one is there any credence to the idea that it may work for other people with similar genetic makeup?

Symptoms:  depression
Doctor

A:   Hello , it's a good doubt . Yes, as u understand it ,anything not only a drug but food also if it helps or suits one in a family then there are more chances for it to suit other members of family too. And , so happens in case of diseases also that if one has a disease then there are more chances for other members of family to suffer with it . It is how we human beings are designed .and the answer to your question , yes , it is completely logical to use the same type of drug in a family and if one is allergic to it , then there are more chances for others also to be allergic to it . But, all the above said conditions are in most of the cases , not always .