Treatment for bilateral undescended testicles?

Patient : I am a 27 year old man with two undescended testicles. i have been married with my wife for one year now and she has not conceived. i am worried that i am infertile and would want to know if there is treatment for my condition?
Doctor :   Undescended testicles are associated with decreased fertility and quite likely explains your current problems conceiving a child. There is treatment for your condition via a simple surgical procedure to reposition the testicles in their usual location in the scrotum. However, you should be aware that this procedure is very unlikely to restore your fertility. You and your wife should seek the advice of a fertility specialist who will order the appropriate test to ascertain your ability to have children as a couple.

Related Q&A

Q: In February I had a hysteroscopy on day 14 of my cycle where the gynaecologist discovered a large polyp hanging from ...

Q: My wife and I are both 44 years old. We previously did not want to have babies. However we are now thinking to have b...

Q: Is 300 total testosterone normal for a 30 year old male?

Q: As long as when I produce semen when I masturbate that means I can have kids. Correct?

Q: Would like to get a professional's advice on my blood work results. I'm mainly looking to find out if anything on her...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon