Treatment for bilateral undescended testicles?

Patient

Q: I am a 27 year old man with two undescended testicles. i have been married with my wife for one year now and she has not conceived. i am worried that i am infertile and would want to know if there is treatment for my condition?

Doctor

A:   Undescended testicles are associated with decreased fertility and quite likely explains your current problems conceiving a child. There is treatment for your condition via a simple surgical procedure to reposition the testicles in their usual location in the scrotum. However, you should be aware that this procedure is very unlikely to restore your fertility. You and your wife should seek the advice of a fertility specialist who will order the appropriate test to ascertain your ability to have children as a couple.