September 24, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Treatment for hypertension

Treatment for hypertension

Patient: R/sirI am Ravinder Kumar 24 years old Height 5.9ft weight 86 suffering hypertension from last one year .Please suggest me a use full treatment .Medical investigation1.Doppler ultrasound of renal arteries: Normal2.Echo cardiography: Normal3.ECG a little enlargement of due to hypertension4.Renal function test normal5.TSH serum : 66. Lipid profileCholesterol :172 HighTriglycerides 217 High7.VITAMIN D 30.07 LowCurrent medicationsTelmisartanClinidipine

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you.You have not mentioned your BP readings. If it is controlled on the medicines you are taking, then you should carry on.If Your BP readings are very high, you would require to see your doctor, who would investigate you and start you on anti-hypertensive medications.Once your BP comes to a desired level on the medications, you have to continue those medicines as your BP is controlled by the medicines and not spontaneously.I would advise you to also get your Fasting Blood sugar, Fasting Lipid Profile.Commonly used antihypertensives are Amlodipine, Metoprolol, Telmisartan, Diuretics.At your age, BP should not exceed more than 130/80 mmHg.You should avoid pickle, alcohol. Take low salt, and oil-free diet.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.