Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Treatment of Anal tear

Treatment of Anal tear

Patient: Hello, my names jesse. im 15 years old and me and my boyfriend were having sex and he decided to do anal. i did not know . there for no lube was used. there’s a small little tear it kinda hurts but not that much. it’s not that big att all. is there something i can get to treat it ? please get back to me . thankyou!!

Doctor: Injuries to the anal canal can be quite painful and have the potential to become complicated if tears get infected. You can aid the healing process by doing what is called Sitz Baths. Fill a suitable size container (one that you are able to sit in comfortably) with warm (not hot!) water. Add enough salt that it easily dissolves. Then place your entire buttock in the warm solution for 20 minutes. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a day. This should help the tear to heal. If the tear does not appear to be healing or if there are signs of infection such as pus draining from the anus, bleeding, fever, you should see a doctor immediately.