Treatment of toxoplasmosis

Patient

Q: Treatment of toxoplasmosis

Doctor

Toxoplasmosis is a parasitic infection that is spread by contact with cats and other pets. It harms the intestines and can lead to diarrhea and cysts in the gut causing long-standing infection and weakness with abdominal pain. It can cause problems in pregnancy affecting the fetal growth as well.
The treatment is with a drug called spiramycin, or clindamycin or pyrimethamine to be taken in a divided dose for a long time until the infection totally subsides. These are prescription drugs, please see a Doctor to get them.
Consider seeing a physician for toxoplasmosis IgG and IgM tests to come to a diagnosis and seek therapy accordingly.

Hope this helped.