Trich to vaginiyis?

Q: Hi
William here. My girlfriend was diagnosed today with "Vaginitis" and is prescribed a cream to cure it.... now this is not the first girlfriend that I have been with who have the same or similar simptoms (discharge, smell, soreness during intercourse and burning after intercourse)
I also find my penis burning or itching after ejaculation and sometimes burning when urinating as well but not every time after intercourse or every time after urinating.... Can I perhaps have trichomoniasis and can trichomoniasis lead over to vaginitis in my girlfriend or ex girlfriends?
Could it be that my girlfriend was maybe misdiagnosed after a swab of the discharge have been tested?