x
Browse
190 Physicians Online

Question:

Trichomoniasis

Can trihomoniasis be detected through an urynalisis i am female

Answer:

Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection that in women can cause a foul-smelling vaginal discharge, genital itching and painful urination. This condition is caused by one-celled protozoa, a type of tiny parasite, that travel between people during sexual intercourse.
The best diagnosis of trichomoniasis can be confirmed by looking at a sample of vaginal fluid under a microscope. If the sample is fresh and kept warm, the protozoa are easy to see and will be moving about. Urine samples can also be used just make sure it is a PCR test done on the urine sample.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA