Trichomoniasis

Patient

Q: Can trihomoniasis be detected through an urynalisis i am female

Doctor

A:   Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection that in women can cause a foul-smelling vaginal discharge, genital itching and painful urination. This condition is caused by one-celled protozoa, a type of tiny parasite, that travel between people during sexual intercourse.
The best diagnosis of trichomoniasis can be confirmed by looking at a sample of vaginal fluid under a microscope. If the sample is fresh and kept warm, the protozoa are easy to see and will be moving about. Urine samples can also be used just make sure it is a PCR test done on the urine sample.