Trouble bending my knee

Patient

Q: My leg is swollen - about twice the size it should be and cannot bend it all the way - swelling does go down some at night.

Symptoms:  Nothing
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. The swelling in your leg could be due to problems with circulation such as deep venous thromboses, lymphatic fluid drainage, or even inflammation of the knee joint. Your symptoms are not specific to any one particular disease for us to give you a definitive diagnosis. Decreased lymphatic drainage is referred to as Lymphadema. Lymphatic fluid accumulates within the leg causing swelling, and decreased range of motion. It is important that you have your leg examined by a doctor to determine if you have lymphedema. You will likely need have an ultrasound of your leg to rule out any DVTs, and an x ray to visualize the knee joint.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com