Trouble breathing

Patient : I'm a reasonably fit 20 year old who for about the past 5 years had gone through stages of not being able to breath properly, during one of these stages I feel short of breath so try to take a deep breath which turns into serval long yawns, usually this still doesn't give me the air I need, when previously seeing my GP their basic tests come back good so they put it down to the fact I had asthma as a kid and said that can effect it in winter (didn't suggest or prescribe anything to help) although I suffer this year round even when it is very hot, recently through it's got so bad I feel like I can't breath properly at all, it is a lot worse at night and I find it hard to sleep but I do suffer from it all day I need something to help me be able to breath properly but my doctors say there's nothing wrong
Symptoms:  Shortness of breath and unable to breath properly