Trouble going to the toilet

Patient

Q: It doesn't happen all the time but soometimEs when I got to the toilet afterWards it really stings and it feels like I need to urinate straight awaY again but this only happens when I have to sit down to use thE t oilet.

Doctor

A:   You have not mentioned whether these symptoms occur when you pass stool or during urination. If it occurs when you pass stool, I would think about an anal fissure and if it occurs while passing urine, you may need to rule out urethritis or a urinary tract infection.
The next best step whould be to do a urinalysis, stool examination to determine the cause. Anal fissures may need stool softners and sitz bath while urinary tact infection will require antibiotics.