Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Trouble swallowing correctly.

Trouble swallowing correctly.

Patient: When i try to eat it feels like everything is going into my right lung i dont have chest pain but i feel like my right sinus behind my nose is cold and stuffy but i can still breath ok and ive tried swallowing fod/water different ways but it still feels like its going in my right lung whats going on? I cant eat anymore

Symptoms: Hard to explain,

Doctor: Thank you for your question. If food was being aspirated into your trachea you would experience violent coughing and eve n choke. It is therefore possible the sensation you are experiencing is being caused inflammation of your throat and sinuses. This may be the result of an upper respiratory tract infection and infection of your sinuses as well. This may also support the fact that you are having difficulty swallowing your food too. We strongly recommend that you have your doctor perform a thorough examination of your throat and lungs. You may also need to have an x ray and ultrasound of your throat to make sure you are not suffering from a congenital malformation of the esophagus called esophageal diverticulus. This is an abnormal outpouching of the esophagus within the throat which can become filled with food making it difficult to swallow during subsequent meals. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting

View all posts