Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Trouble Trying for a baby for over a year

Trouble Trying for a baby for over a year

Patient: Me and my partner have been trying for a baby for 14 months now and still have not been successful , were on 29yrs old and both have a child each from previous relationships . Any ideas what the problem may be? Thanks

Symptoms: Nothing

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you both as a couple are already staying together and trying for last 14 months the n you qualify for an infertility checkup. Though the most common problem in not conceiving is improper timings of intercourse and lack of knowledge about the fertile period. If you have been timing your ovulation well with the help of ovulation kits and then opting for timed intercourse accordingly, it is possible that various other uterine and cervical factors may have to be ruled out with the help of an ultrasound pelvis and hormonal profile. Please visit your Physician for a detailed examination of both as a couple and further advice can be based on the findings.I hope I have answered your concerns.Regards