Troubled child : Can this be ADHD?

Patient: I have a four year old son. He acts great at school, but we have problems in public and at home with terrible tantrums, fits, disrespect, and socializing with other children. He is left-handed and he seems to have trouble learning the easy tasks at school (colors etc) but can do hard things. We talked with his peditrician and she brought up the idea of adhd. What do you think?

Doctor: I do agree with the opinion of your pediatrician. To have a diagnosis of ADHD the symptoms have to be typically noticed and obsereved in two different settings. There are standardised forms which need to be filled out by the school teacher as well as the parent. This will help determine the diagnosis further. I hope this helps. All the best.