Trying to conceive after vasectomy

Q: My husband had a vasectomy on October 27th (I did not want him to do this, but could not convince him otherwise). four days later, on November 1st, we learned I was pregnant - we were both thrilled and figured this was meant to be. I unfortunately just miscarried and we are both sad that we will not be having another child. Because my husband just had his vasectomy, is there a chance I could still conceive naturally when my cycle returns? Is there anything we should do now to increase our chances? (ie, save the sperm, if any remains, for artificial insemination?). He has not yet had his sperm count tested as the procedure was just done.

A:   It sometimes takes 10-12 weeks for the vasectomy to completely seal and so there may be a chance of becoming pregnant during this period. If this does not work then there are 2 options available :
i) In-vitro fertilization - Sperm production continues regardless of the vasectomy and in vitro fertilization after harvesting of the sperm is a definite option available.
ii) Vasectomy reversal - In this procedure the cut ends of the tubes are identified and are reconstructed via microscopic surgery.
Vasectomy reversible is more cost effective and will not require you to take medications as in the case of IVF. Both these procedures have similar success rates, and in the end it all depends on which you both prefer.