Ask The Doctor > Pending > Trying to conceive but no periods after norethisterone

Trying to conceive but no periods after norethisterone

Patient: Hi I had abnormal bleeding on and off the past year. This year in March I got married and was prescribed norethisterone pills for 10 days 3x per day to stop bleeding. Once finished I bled heavily three days after and had such back pain. The bleeding started 27th March ending 3rd April. I am sexually active and since then I have not had a period. I have done multiple pregnancy tests and they have all come up negative. I have always had irregular periods since my teenage years and I am likely to have PCOS. Do you know why I have not bled again after the pills and I am wanting to start a family what should I do?

Symptoms: No periods.

Doctor: