Trying to conceive, suffering from infertility

Q: Hello Doctor
I m Mahasweta 32 yrs old. i got married 2 yrs back. trying for a baby. bt nt yet. i had blockage in the tubes which was removed by laproscopy. i m going for a regular ultrasound . both of us having checkup . doctor s telling everything s normal. bt still i m failure to conceive. please tell me wht sd be the next step. please help me. is there any chance of repeated blockage after surgery also? is there any chance for me to get pregnant?

A:   Thank you for your query.
Sometimes it so happens that the fallopian tubal blockage though cleared maybe having fine damage in the layers of the fallopian tubes or there can be sub-clinical infection because of which the tubes are not able to provide suitable place for the fusion of the egg & sperm or the embryo formed may not be able to survive the toxic conditions in the tubes which may eventually be leading to infertility. If you are over 30 years of age & since your couple are unable to achieve a pregnancy it is advisable that your couple opt for assisted reproductive technologies like IVF treatment which can help overcome the problem of the fallopian tubes as in this technique the function of the fallopian tubes are surpassed as the fertilisation & embryo formation takes place outside the body in the lab & the embryos formed are transferred directly to the uterus to assist the a healthy conception.
Hope that answers your query. Have a good day.