Trying to conceive while on pentazocine

Patient : I want to conceive but i use sosegon for lower back pain...i want to know if use of sosegon affects pregnancy...or prevents from conceiving?????
Doctor :   Sosegon (Pentazocine) was not found to be teratogenic in animal studies. Pentazocine has been shown to cross the human p lacenta. Use should be avoided during labor and delivery of premature infants. Abstinence syndromes in the newborn have been reported after long-term use of pentazocine during pregnancy. Other adverse effects in the newborn have been reported following abuse of pentazocine during pregnancy; these effects may be due to pentazocine, other drugs abused, the mother's lifestyle, or a combination of all factors.