Trying to get pregnant after being off depo shot

Patient : Im trying to get preganant but i was on the depo shot for about 2 years on and off thought. Been having unprotected sex for a couple of months already but still no luck what can i do?
Symptoms:  None
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. Your ability to conceive after being on the Depo Shot (Depo-provera), depends on when you last had your shot. The Depo shot is made up of a hormone similar to progesterone and is given as an injection. Each shot provides protection against pregnancy for up to 14 weeks, but the shot must be administered every 12 weeks to to confer protection against pregnancy. If you recently came off the shot, you may still be protected against pregnancy. We recommend that you wait about 15 weeks after your last shot, and commence trying to conceive again. If you are still having difficulty, you may need to consult your doctor and have fertility testing performed to illumine what your problem may be. There also could be a problem with your partner, and he may need to undergo fertility testing as well. Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Patient: Yes last time i got it was about 6 months ago and still no luck.